Those are a few of my favorit things

fredag den 21. maj 2010

Back when I was younger I used to try on several types of different styles in order to try and find out who I was as a person... as me.
But it was hard and I tried many different styles just to see how I could fit in with the rest of my class. But It was a long and hard journey into the world of fashion.
Now, I’ve never been a girl for fashion since I found it shallow and more of an obsession rather than a way of life and way to expensive for normal people to wear.
But I tried anyway.

My first style change: Eurodance.
This was back in the start of the 90's when eurodance music (Smilde.dk, Dr, Makadoo, Ace of Base) was the popular kind of music to dance to. You know back when big baggy pants filled with pockets and in funky colours was the bee's knees along side with Buffalo shoes. Yes back then I was a eurodance girl. Big red baggy pants with pockets, buffalo shoes and a top t-shirt.

My second style change: Skater.

A huge leap from Buffaloes to DC shoes, even baggier pants, and tank-tops. Lol I was quite a tom-boy back when I was younger and this style was the most boyish I ever wore. Why i did it I don’t know and I will never do it agan. Yikes.

My third style change: Avril Lavigne – Wonnabe.

Yes I did this. I became an Avril Lavigne wonnabe girl, and why? I liked her edgy attitude, her girly punk music (showing that it’s not just boys who can punk) and her clothing style. You remember back when Avril was younger she wore shorts, knee high socks, sneakers tank-top, tie and long loose hair. I loved that style so I joined in for a little while.

My forth style change: Goth.

And I mean REALLY hardcore goth. Black hair, black clothes, black shoes and black eyeliner, you name it. The reason to why I chose this style was simply because I liked the dark and mysterious style, plus people seemed to be afraid of me especially those who bullied me back in my teenage years. My mother, of course, didn’t approve of my dark style and wanted to change me into a girly girl like my sisters but I kept this style for several years (before I knew what a really goth was, instead for me playing a emo goth”.

My fifth style change: Down to earth.

Yes this is the style I use now and it’s the style that I love the most. I feel really comfortable in it and I can use it every day without having to stand out to much. Many of you will probably see this a s treachery towards my Lolita and Punk fashion, but I don’t use those two in everyday situations. I mostly use them for meet-ups, parties and special occasions. What do i mean by “down to earth” I’m talking about jeans, and a normal sweater or t-shirt without anything bling blingy or funky done to it. It’s a more mature style but I like it.

This is pretty much what I went trough of style changes trough my entire teenage period before I found the style I have now. I’m currently trying to make myself a full lolita closet but its a long and hard journey but sooner or later i'll manage it. But why did I choose to make a post that is about styles and stuff like that? Because I want to share with you my favourite styles of all times.

Tadaaah! Michelle’s Top 5 style list!!!

1) Steam Punk.

- I love this style and I love it with all my heart. Not like other styles (like Lolita) you can’t just by things premade (well not everything) and most of it you have to make yourself. I’ve been looking all over the net to find sites that sold premade S.P stuff just for me to buy! But alas no luck yet (Besides Etsy which sells hats and jewelry)



2) Classic Punk.

- I’ve always been a fan of punk but that is because of the huge variety of punk itself. You can pretty much alter the punk style any way you like it, but still have it look punkish and rebellious. Plus I love the patterns and the hairstyles 8D



3) Cyber Punk.

- For me this is a style that hardly anyone uses or anyone notice. Which is a shame since it’s such a vibrant and unique style on its own. I love their dreadlock wigs with all the funky neon colours, their awesome clothes, shoes and their make-up. Cyberpunk is really a “50-50” style, either you like it or find it hideous. I guess it comes from that many see cyberpunks as people who listen to industrial music and who has weird fetishes.



4) Lolita (sweet, country, sailor)

- Lolita is life for me and it makes me look beautiful and I feel like a princess. Although it is a hard style to wear in Denmark (Especially in my town) its still a style that is growing steadily in Denmark. I don’t mind all the other genres of Lolita (bittersweet, Hime ect) but these are just my all time faves :D



5) Pin up Goth.

- I would guess this is a style hardly anyone knows of, which is a shame since it’s such a beautiful, feminine and sexy fashion. Imagine a 1950’s pin up girl who is gothic! Yes that is what this style it. A girl with a classic 1950’s haircut, wearing a corset, thick red lips, a mole and fishnet stockings. This style is so overlooked and beautiful in its own ways :D


0 kommentarer: